- Member Benefits
- Become A Member
- About The Chamber
- About The Community
Blossomtime Parade Entry Form
Saturday, May 23rd, 2015
Presented by: Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber of Commerce
Title sponsor: Camel Safari
2015 Theme: Honoring our Heroes
Grand Marshal - Joe Moser
The parade route begins at the corner of Alabama and Cornwall, progresses south on Cornwall, turns east on E. Champion and then turns north on N. State to the finish at N. State and York.
General Rules and Procedures
Registration booth will open at 9:00 AM, May 23rd, 2015
Registration/Staging: 10:00 AM | Judging: 10:30 AM | Parade starts: 12:00 PM
Selection Criteria: Your entry must fit into one of the categories described in the application online: business, charitable non-profit or community.
Entry into the Blossomtime Parade is based on the following selection criteria:
- Entries built or designed to provide high entertainment value for parade spectators.
- Entries displaying a creative theme or approach with broad-based appeal.
1. All entries must be approved by the Blossomtime Parade Committee. Receipt of this application does not guarantee acceptance into the Blossomtime Parade. Accepted entries will receive written notification.
2. Judging will take place at 10:30 AM. To be judged, entries must be staged and checked in promptly by 10:00 AM.
3. Equestrian units will be judged at 11:00 AM and must provide a clean-up unit. Clean-up is expected before, during & after the event.
4. Car clubs, stock cars and antique cars are encouraged to participate.
5. No material or candy may be handed out or thrown along the line of marchers in the parade. Distribution of gifts, merchandise, literature or other material along the line of marchers is prohibited. Throwing candy is prohibited. Materials can be handed out behind the crowd on the sidewalk only.
6. Entries are permitted forward movement only. A space of 20 feet between each unit will be enforced. All units are required to close the gap between entries when ordered by the parade officials.
7. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, in any vehicle or on the person of any participant.
8. Floats and other units advocating, opposing or depicting any political, religious or social issues are subject to approval of the Blossomtime Parade Committee.
9. The Parade Committee reserves the right to withdraw any entry where costume or performance does not meet the standards of reasonable public taste or conform to the parade rules.
10. Business entries sponsored by or displaying commercial signage will be charged $350 to enter the parade.
11. Evidence of Insurance for bodily injury and property damage with limits of $300,000 combined insurance shall be required for all specialty units, floats, motorcycles & vehicles. The BWCCI, and the City of Bellingham must be named as additional insured. Evidence of your insurance must accompany your application. Any unit not supplying evidence of insurance will not be allowed to participate.
12. A ten pound fire extinguisher is required for all specialty units and floats. Floats must be entirely decorated, including any pulling unit if entry has two units.
13. (a) Bands must maintain a forward motion at all times or they will be disqualified.
(b) School bands will be inspected before they march.
(c) Judging results will be announced via website following the parade.
(d) Trophies will be presented by Chamber staff before the end of the school year.
14. Parade participants may not mingle with or accost parade route spectators.
15. No additional vehicles (including but not limited to cars, vans or scooters) will be allowed to accompany marching units unless deemed necessary by the Parade Committee.
16. Dignitaries/royalty must supply their own vehicles & signs for the parade.
17. Floats cannot be taller than 13’ from street level.
18. No loud sirens, horns or any noise that would interfere with band performance and equestrian entries.
The Blossomtime Parade Committee’s decision regarding entrants is final.
Evidence of insurance (Motor vehicle and motorcycle entries only)
A certificate of insurance for liability (bodily injury and property damage) With limits of $300,000 is required of all motor vehicle and motorcycle entries — NO EXCEPTIONS. The Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the City of Bellingham must be named as additional insured. Certificates of insurance must accompany the application. Cars/trucks must show proof of automobile insurance. In consideration of acceptance of this application, the applicant agrees to save and hold harmless the Bellingham/Whatcom Chamber of Commerce & Industry, their officers, employees, and agents from any loss or damage to persons or property caused by operation of applicant’s unit in connection with the parade activities and further agrees to defend the Chamber from any and all claims for such damage.
Deadline date for all entries is May 8th, 2015, 4 PM.