The Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce strives to serve its members and the business community by providing educational and informational speeches and seminars. Our goal is to gather together people who represent an issue to discuss it in a factual and logical manner. As a Chamber of Commerce, we believe it is our responsibility to offer the community an opportunity to hear all sides of an issue so that they can make decisions based on the facts and facilitate factually-based discussions. We want to be a conduit through which the community can obtain information, drive discussions and make their own decisions.
The Chamber Speaker Series allows you to keep up on current events and topics of interest locally, regionally and statewide. Business owners, HR professionals, marketers and small businesses will find these topics helpful as they are designed to educate and inform about subjects that are relevant to you-our local business community.
The Speaker Series is open to the public. The cost of admission varies for Chamber members and non-members. The price of admission includes a meal.
Thank you to our 2018 Speaker Series presenting sponsor –BP Cherry Point Refinery
2018 Speaker Series speeches include:
The moderator will be Janice Walker of Whatcom Community College.
The panel of speakers include:
- Mark Goldenberg Security Solutions Architect at CenturyLink
- Ed O’Neill, Interim Director at Technology Alliance Group for Northwest Washington
- Dr. Julian Rrushi, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Western Washington University
- Bellingham Mayor Kelli Linville
- Whatcom County Executive Jack Louws
featuring representatives from the 40th and 42nd districts presenting their updates on their districts.
Invited attendees include:
- Representative Kristine Lytton
- Representative Jeff Morris
- Senator Kevin Ranker
- Representative Vincent Buys
- Representative Luanne Van Werven
- Senator Doug Ericksen
We also invited the candidates running for the 40th and 42nd seats.
September 2018 – TBA